Okanagan Falls Parks & Recreation
JOB POSTING – Contract Recreation Program Coordinator – Outdoor Adult Programs
The RDOS is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to coordinate a variety of programs for older adults in
Okanagan Falls and area. The Play-in-the-Park series is funded by the New Horizons for Seniors program.
This position seeks to engage older adults and seniors in developing a sampler series of outdoor activities including but not
limited to: urban pole walking, disc golf, tai chi and a small selection of inclusive (sedentary) activities.
- Responsible for developing a specific program plan
- Responsible for greeting participants, leading activities (or partnering with other agencies), ensuring the safety and enjoyment of participants, organizing equipment and supplies, preparing for activities
- Assisting in selection of equipment and supplies
- Experience working or volunteering with adults in a recreational setting.
- Skills and knowledge in recreational leadership
- Standard First-Aid, CPR-C, AED preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and marketing skills
- Home office and basic computer skills required
This is a seasonal (Mid April – October) self-directed position requiring varied shifts that may include evening, weekend and
$2,500-3,500 depending on experience and project momentum.
Please note, this contract positions and will involve a commitment averaging 10-12 hours per week.
Resumes will be received in person, by mail, or email. Please include a brief summary of how you plan to engage with
Okanagan Falls Parks and Recreation
Attn: Janet Black, Recreation Coordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Attention NHSP Hiring Committee
Address: #1 - 5350 9th Avenue (Hwy 97) Okanagan Falls, BC V0H 1R0
Phone: (250) 497-8188
We thank applicants for their interest in this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be
How do you PLAY in the Region
RDOS invites all citizens to complete a physical activity survey. Complete the survey Online by following the link below or by Telephone at 1-800-296-2237